Featured Guest: Matt Nelson
On episode 10 of the Free Kicks Report podcast, Matt Nelson is back to talk through the second half of the MLS year. From the last weeks of the season to the Cup final to MLS expansion there is a lot to get to over in part two. We take a look back at:
Note: If you missed part one, make sure to check that out first – right here. We looked at the Chicago Fire, Atlanta United, Minnesota United, Orlando’s new stadium, Houston’s revival, the introduction of VAR, the All-Star Match and the LA Galaxy.
- FC Dallas’ struggles down the stretch after two very strong seasons.
- The bust-up in the playoffs between the New York Red Bulls and Toronto FC.
- Portland Timbers finishing 1st in the Western Conference but starting to lose key pieces of the franchise.
- The shocking news out of Columbus and the resulting SaveTheCrew movement.
- MLS attendance figures and TV ratings.
- Toronto hosting their 2nd MLS Cup & first victory.
- The expansion race.
- Plus what we are most looking forward to in 2018.
Music: Michael McEachern
Music this week is from Michael McEachern from Nashville, TN. The selected track of the week is his new single ‘Gone’. For more information on Michael visit his website, and to hear more of his music at https://soundcloud.com/michaelmceachern.
Feedback, questions for future episodes and guest suggestions can be left in the comment section below or on Twitter @freekicksreport. Enjoy the holiday season!